Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 More Rumors
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2010 :  6:39:29 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails, the person who bought the old Devens was a campaign contributor to Mayor DeMaria? This is beginning to eerily sound like his other campaign contributor who purchased the old city yards from the City and then resold it a very short time later for millions more than he paid for it.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2010 :  8:41:44 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it true people are being threatened to not go to other politicians Holiday Parties? or be part of their campaign committee's? Where do we live? In Russia?
Go to Top of Page

littlewilly

5 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  09:46:55 AM  Show Profile Send littlewilly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thats the word thats going around from different people threats of contracts not getting renewed and even low to union people go to events that job in jepardy
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  1:06:00 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a real shame. I have no idea what is happening around here. I feel like we live under some communist regime with threats of retaliation, loss of jobs, etc. I feel bad because people's backs are against the wall and they need to support their families. As long as they get the work done, that should be be all that matters. It's none of the mayors business where people go after hours.
Go to Top of Page

Scene It All

3 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2010 :  12:19:32 PM  Show Profile Send Scene It All a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a city worker and union member and I'd like to see them stop me from going to anyone's time! I don't threaten easily and would have charges filed immmediately! People need to start stepping up and speaking up for this crap to stop. And those that would run for mayor need to find where they left their balls and step up and run. No one is guaranteed a win, but you'll never know if you don't try. Those that have the best shot at stopping this insanity are letting us down big time and I'm going to take that into consideration the next time they ask for a vote. Enough is enough! Many people in this city know where the dirt is and would gladly back someone that steps up to take this city back. For those that continually let themselves be threatened and do nothing, remember when you speak up and refuse to take it, word gets around and it's harder for them to take your job without looking as guilty as they are and if they tried they would lose big time at arbitration. Been there, represented someone who got the job back and walked away with a nice check from the city. Let's start now to take this city back before it's too late!
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2010 :  4:27:30 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scene It All

I'm a city worker and union member and I'd like to see them stop me from going to anyone's time! I don't threaten easily and would have charges filed immmediately! People need to start stepping up and speaking up for this crap to stop. And those that would run for mayor need to find where they left their balls and step up and run. No one is guaranteed a win, but you'll never know if you don't try. Those that have the best shot at stopping this insanity are letting us down big time and I'm going to take that into consideration the next time they ask for a vote. Enough is enough! Many people in this city know where the dirt is and would gladly back someone that steps up to take this city back. For those that continually let themselves be threatened and do nothing, remember when you speak up and refuse to take it, word gets around and it's harder for them to take your job without looking as guilty as they are and if they tried they would lose big time at arbitration. Been there, represented someone who got the job back and walked away with a nice check from the city. Let's start now to take this city back before it's too late!

If more people felt the same way you do, it would quickly put an end to this type of harassment. Is there a State agency where employees can report this?

It still seems a bit early for anyone to announce they are running for mayor next year. I would like to see several people step up, so we have a field to choose from.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  11:50:34 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have heard a rumor that someone who works for the city and knows about many of the buried skeletons is considering a run for mayor. I won't put a name out here until I can get it confirmed. Has anyone else heard anything?
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  11:21:32 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hear DJ Napolitano is contemplating an Alderman at Large run. Just another kiss ass!
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  9:14:03 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Word is that Jason Marcus's trial starts in the next week or so.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  9:25:21 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, this should be interesting. I heard, and read on Topix too that Jason is telling people the mayor is going to be a character witness for him. I really, really hope that is a pipe dream of Jason's and he's just full of crap.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  10:52:00 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was told he is very worried about his upcoming trial. Tails, I heard that too, about the mayor being a character witness. I will be very surprised if that's true.
Go to Top of Page

Cam

82 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  09:58:15 AM  Show Profile Send Cam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
heres a rumor for you all M Machese is pissed at a common councilor and if the bs continues he will jump in the senate campaign just to be a spoiler this councilor is close to mayor and senator kiss butts regularly just a clone
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  12:51:23 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw what Daniel said it only proves that what people say about him are true. And one those comments is he's a Carlo clone. First of all, the 4 million dollar transfer was not in front of them, so it was not germane to the subject. People can agree to disagree or have different thought processes without attacking each other and people out there are so sick of Carlo attacking ANYONE that disagrees with him. Now, Daniel is following in those footsteps. He could have voiced his opinion without going on the attack and accusing people of "playing politics" I think the alderman should take these accusations that were public on TV further. He slandered them and accused them of something that is not true. They were trying to protect the city from bankruptcy. That $500.00 figure he threw out there was quite an exaggeration... so if anyone was "playing politics" it was HIM, and he does it every time he rubber stamps what ever the mayor wants. He has been an extreme disappointment both in the chambers and his attitude. He clings to Sal like a magnet and I gave Sal a lot of support and I hope I don't regret it like my past mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

crimsontide05

1 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  01:50:23 AM  Show Profile Send crimsontide05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What the **** is this CAM person talking about...Jump into what Senate race Sal is in for two years after breaking his balls for every single vote. Marchese has no chance at winning anything he wants McGonagle to run for Mayor......Carlo is UNBEATABLE he has just completed his 4th year, we have had NO LAYOFFS the city looks great and he has beat back all his critics.I am a supporter of Carlo, i grew up with Carlo, and alot of people continue to underestimate Carlo and he proves them wrong at every turn...VanCampen is acting all pissy cause he blew his chance in 2007 to run cause he had some kind of blind loyalty to John Hanlon...BIG MISTAKE
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  08:10:06 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I read that post, I got the impression Marchese isn't thrilled with what a certain CC person had to say. I also got the impression he wasn't running to win, he was running to be a spoiler. Don't forget, this thread is called "Rumors". So, none of this of this is confirmed.

I personally don't know how Marchese feels about the Senator or the mayor.

I believe Carlo will be completing his third year as mayor in January. So far, the only person I hear that is possibly running against him is Peter Napolitano.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2