Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 More Rumors
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  09:43:45 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First of all, Van Campen is not acting like a pissy its Carlo that’s acting like a pissy to anyone that’s smarter than him, and that’s the majority of people in Everett. Van Campen has showed nothing but respect to the mayor even after Carlo has treated him like crap. Van Campen has a family to support and a good job and still finds the time to do his best with important decisions in this City.

The only reason the City looks good (and all Carlo does is spend spend spend) is to attach his name to everything. Carlo does not even give his own people credit, he has to attach HIS name to it all... so OF COURSE it has to look good…. with pretty flowers all over the place.

Everyone had high hopes when he became mayor and even McGonagle people wished him well, and thought he was off to a great start. It was Carlo that quickly proved everyone wrong. People started watching his attitude the day he stormed the podium in shorts and sandals sweating like a dog because “someone” sent him a text message that he was being “talked about” How immature and not mayoral material.

Of course my favorite was HIS VOW..... "Gone are the days," he said, "when the city employees are hired because of their acquaintances instead of their qualifications."

Carlo has a lot of ethical issues and has an over the top budget. Yea....I know..... fixed costs, pension, blah blah blah. That’s not 17 million and he’s not paying any bills and still has a fat increase. Call the electric company and see when’s the last time they got a payment from the city. Call Perac and see when’s the last payment they received and see if we are on track for 2028 because the answer is NO WAY. Carlo has no plan because he figures it wont be his problem. I don't want to leave that problem for my children and grandchildren, I do what's best for them and sometimes that's making hard decisions, and that's something he just cannot do, but all the while our budget is increasing and increasing at an alarming rate.

I too don’t like Sal’s connection to Daniel Napolitano because what Daniel does is a reflection on Sal, and his actions have been questionable. Someone else will jump in the senate race next go around and give Sal a run for his money so Daniel should back off with his personal digs to people that have been here for a number of years and show some respect. His arrogance should show him the door in November.

Your notion that Carlo is UNBEATABLE is off base because *anyone* is beatable and people are waking up and paying more attention and are not happy the way this city is being run and want change.

Go to Top of Page

OuttaHere

58 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  3:09:38 PM  Show Profile Send OuttaHere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I pray for your sake that your "children and granchildren" are LONG gone outta this nest of third world and underclass takers that inhabit "Calcutta on the Mystic!

Sendim' up 2 Middleton to live with the rest of city hall! ;)
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  10:46:48 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't it sad that it has come to move out of Everett to have a decent life. I am so disappointed with the way things have evolved in Everett. I am a 5th generation Everettite and am thinking of getting the hell out. I am waiting for the next election, if things don't chane, I am seriously considering to get the hell out. People pay attention to what is going on at the meetings, do not use the local papers as your source of information. They are bought by all the local ads. They will always agree with the hand that feeds them.

I am also sure Fred isn't too happy with the administration. The schools budget did not increase so much that it caused the problem the city is in. Pay attention. They are trying to give us all a snow job. The voters in Everett are not that stupid. Pay attention! We are all smarter than the crap they are trying to push on us.
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  11:28:10 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Mel, What do you think? Truthfully?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  2:56:51 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Rumor has it, there is a NEW hire down at City Services. I thought there is a freeze on hiring?
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  4:06:27 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard that too and it's a pretty prominent last name in Everett. So does that change the number of positions the mayor cut to 52? Hope someone lets the aldermen know before the meeting tonight.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  1:09:48 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard from a reliable source that one fire station will be closing and both fire and police chiefs are working on layoffs. That should be the last place to entertain cuts.
Go to Top of Page

snoopy1

64 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  3:43:48 PM  Show Profile Send snoopy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tails

I heard from a reliable source that one fire station will be closing and both fire and police chiefs are working on layoffs. That should be the last place to entertain cuts.

Loved to hear the justification on that one on with just today we had a fire on Harvard St with no back up with Chelsea and then a chimney fire on Albion St having to call Revere for backup.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  5:09:51 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any cuts from the Mayor's office?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2011 :  10:53:57 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am hearing rumors of a layoff down City Services. Anyone else hearing this?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2011 :  12:54:59 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, now that we know the 53 cut positions were a crock of **** (and so well planned) since Ms. Murphy pulled out her word document like it was in the back of her hand....something needs to be done. Calling the 53 cut positions misleading was being kind. Carlo is a liar, and a bad liar. Call him to the carpet...and the kindness needs to stop. This is our money he is playing with.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2011 :  4:48:48 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What happened? I didn't see the meeting.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2011 :  1:23:14 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by massdee

What happened? I didn't see the meeting.

Yet again, no one from the administration shows up to clarify "their" statement that "they" cut 53 positions. I would like to see that statement clarified... but Alderman McGonagle was being too kind, and did not want to throw the football around anymore and wanted it to end. He stated he in-fact did meet with the auditor, and the statement made that the administration had indeed "cut" 53 positions....was misleading, and he did not elaborate.
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2011 :  5:24:54 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got an email today from someone pretty connected and it said Alderman Mike Marchese and Alderman Joe McGonagle were seen in Boston last week heading to the State Ethics Committee. I wonder what's going on.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2011 :  2:37:44 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope so! There are a laundry list of items that ethics should be looking at.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2