Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 More Rumors
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2011 :  4:21:44 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been wondering if it's a conflict of interest to have the Mayor's Chief of Staff married to an elected official on the Common Council.

Then there's some of the members of the Charter Commission that some have questions about.

The sale of the Old City Yards and the Devens School still bother some people, since they were both sold to campaign contributors.

Can anyone else think of anything?

Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2011 :  8:19:08 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One major issue for me is having a family member as a registrar of voters. Immediate family or NOT and I strongly question the votes last go around. This time the State is watching, very carefully, and will be watching those absentees.
Go to Top of Page

Cam

82 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2011 :  10:31:42 AM  Show Profile Send Cam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My issue is the disrespect he shows the city council.
Go to Top of Page

kittycat

66 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2011 :  1:19:21 PM  Show Profile Send kittycat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want to know who pay Mrs. Demaria's airfare to Washington with the itsofatso and why did she have to go with him? Pictures plastered all over today's paper. Oh wait, speaking parts were necessary at the conference.
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2011 :  2:50:07 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who pays for all the pretty pictures in the papers?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2011 :  3:31:33 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can take all the pretty pictures you want the fact remains I have not heard any accomplishments. Everything from State Ethics, city property sales and favoring campaign contributers in city deals is all I see.

Marie..WE pay for those pretty pictures in the papers with no benefit to Everett at all. We probably paid for the whole damn useless trip too.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2011 :  7:42:33 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When he first took office the city was cleaner, it's not anymore. It's filthy. Snow removal has been pathetic. The streets are a mess. The city is less safe, just the other night Sam's Spa was robbed at gunpoint and a women shot in Glendale. Rooming houses are still a problem. Our taxes have increased.

Can we honestly say this city is better since he took office?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  3:32:36 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marie

I got an email today from someone pretty connected and it said Alderman Mike Marchese and Alderman Joe McGonagle were seen in Boston last week heading to the State Ethics Committee. I wonder what's going on.

Any update on this?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  7:16:41 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just read this on a different message board. It's the first I've heard of it and have no idea if it's true.

"People were saying last night that the superintendent could be facing new charges in the next couple of months. Rumor has it that this time it has to do with his use of school department resources paid for by taxpaying residents to support political campaigns in the 2009 school committee election, charter commission election and state election last fall. Apparently someone from vine st gave emails to the state ethics commission which show the illegal activity being coordinated from the school dept. Two other names that were mentioned were john dowd and janice vetrano who supposedly created ads and gathered signatures for the candidates of fred's choice with EPS computers and while on the clock.

Any truth to this rumor??????"
Go to Top of Page

Linda M

43 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  06:01:29 AM  Show Profile Send Linda M a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That could be the best thing that can happen but he will buy his way out of it again. Also Paul Dobbins big blogger has been hired at 911. Nice to know we have all kinds of money to spend to hire Carlo's BFF's. Check out his facebook page he is in every picture with Carlo and at all his times.
Go to Top of Page

Joey

39 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  07:14:48 AM  Show Profile Send Joey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Massdee - Finally has anyone ever seen Fred's people out on the streets getting signatures?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  09:03:54 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Linda M

That could be the best thing that can happen but he will buy his way out of it again. Also Paul Dobbins big blogger has been hired at 911. Nice to know we have all kinds of money to spend to hire Carlo's BFF's. Check out his facebook page he is in every picture with Carlo and at all his times.

I don't agree with a lot that Carlo does but 911 is overwhelmed and it's only part-time. That's one department that you do not want employees over worked.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  6:29:56 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Am I mistaken or did I recently hear the mayor say there has been no new hires?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  09:21:17 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by massdee

Am I mistaken or did I recently hear the mayor say there has been no new hires?

That's my problem with Carlo. Lies and exaggerations. Just like the 53 "eliminated" positions and the fact in his "prepared" speech, he claims his administration has collected 900K in code enforcement fines, this year alone (HIS WORDS) and when he was called to the carpet on that statement, he could not back it up. I could go on and on with things he's said and either lied or did not keep his word, but I'd be here all day.

As for hiring, he should just admit it instead of saying there has not been any hires. We all know that statement was a lie.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  10:46:30 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure that the Mayor has said recently that there have been no new hires. What he did say last Monday, I believe, is that the head count in the FY12 General Operating budget will be less than what it was in the FY11 budget. It should be. The Water Department employees will be moved to the Enterprise Fund. Only a portion of the positions vacated by the people who took the latest Early Retirement program could be refilled by law. Even though net head count should go down, there is no guarantee that new jobs haven't or won't be added. The only way to determine that will be a detailed analysis of the next budget. But even that will be hard without the details of the Water Department positions moved and what positions were eliminated due to the Early Retirement program.

Tails,

I may have to disagree with you about the latest 911 hire but I don't have enough information to know if I should or not. If the position filled was preexisting or a new position was created and it was properly posted and funded and the most qualified person got the job, I don't have any problem with it. Otherwise, I don't think that the Mayor ever should have said "Gone are the days...".
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2