Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 More Rumors
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Linda M

43 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  10:57:23 AM  Show Profile Send Linda M a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you know all, I google Paul Dobbins and found out all the people he gave to at election time 100.00 here 50.00 here so I suggest you google him and you will be surprise to find all he support in the former elections and current one, and now he gets a job after the mayor said monday night no new hires, What happen to his former job, oh he was let go. So now we take the rejects cause he supports the Mayor and the rest of the administration. Sickening

I agree with you Tails the city is out of control and it's just a matter of time before we all get flushed down the toilet, hope I see the blue man with his boat
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  11:16:23 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tetris

I'm not sure that the Mayor has said recently that there have been no new hires. What he did say last Monday, I believe, is that the head count in the FY12 General Operating budget will be less than what it was in the FY11 budget. It should be. The Water Department employees will be moved to the Enterprise Fund. Only a portion of the positions vacated by the people who took the latest Early Retirement program could be refilled by law. Even though net head count should go down, there is no guarantee that new jobs haven't or won't be added. The only way to determine that will be a detailed analysis of the next budget. But even that will be hard without the details of the Water Department positions moved and what positions were eliminated due to the Early Retirement program.

Tails,

I may have to disagree with you about the latest 911 hire but I don't have enough information to know if I should or not. If the position filled was preexisting or a new position was created and it was properly posted and funded and the most qualified person got the job, I don't have any problem with it. Otherwise, I don't think that the Mayor ever should have said "Gone are the days...".

Tetris, I'm not sure what you are disagreeing on. The fact that 911 is overwhelmed or the position being part-time?

I'm quite certain that Carlo's word was not kept again on this one.

"Gone are the days," he said, "when the city employees are hired because of their acquaintances instead of their qualifications."

Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  1:34:45 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails,

I guess I took your original post incorrectly. In it, it seemed to me that you were somewhat endorsing the particular hire; your last post makes it seem that you're not. As I said I my last post, I can accept the hire under certain circumstances. But, I can also respect everyone's right to have their own opinion about the hire of a supporter. I think that the Mayor has put himself and these types of hires in a difficult position with the uttering of the now infamous phrase.

Now that I think more about it, in the budget, I believe, the number of part-time positions in 911 is variable but there is a dollar amount budgeted for salaries. I have no problem with staffing 911 within the parameters of their budget; but, if they are overwhelmed and need more staff, an additional appropriation would be in order.

Thinking about it even more, hasn't there been a problem in the past where part-time positions in 911 have been used mainly just to get training for the position? Once fully trained and no openings for a full-time 911 position exist in the city, the person gets a full-time 911 job somewhere else leaving Everett with a training bill with nothing to show for it. Not saying that it will happen in this case, but it would be a shame if it did, especially given the circumstances.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  3:37:51 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At first I may have thought this hire was not a big deal, but after reading what I've read, it's just another case of "where the days have gone" unfortunately.

"Gone are the days," he said, "when the city employees are hired because of their acquaintances instead of their qualifications." Source: Carlo DeMaria Jr. 1/8/08
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  12:51:54 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Linda M

you know all, I google Paul Dobbins and found out all the people he gave to at election time 100.00 here 50.00 here so I suggest you google him and you will be surprise to find all he support in the former elections and current one, and now he gets a job after the mayor said monday night no new hires, What happen to his former job, oh he was let go. So now we take the rejects cause he supports the Mayor and the rest of the administration. Sickening

I agree with you Tails the city is out of control and it's just a matter of time before we all get flushed down the toilet, hope I see the blue man with his boat

What line of work was he in previously? Did he have experience with 911 or does he need to be trained?

If he had no qualifications for this position and he is a campaign supporter of the mayor's then we can throw out the window the quote from the mayor.

"Gone are the days," he said, "when the city employees are hired because of their acquaintances instead of their qualifications." Source: Carlo DeMaria Jr. 1/8/08
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2011 :  09:56:27 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rumor has it, Joanne Gregory is working in the City Clerks Office. Can anyone confirm this?
Go to Top of Page

Jane

102 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2011 :  10:03:25 AM  Show Profile Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
CONFIRMED. ONE MORE YEAR SHE NEEDS. GOTTA PUT THE PEOPLE IN LINE TO STEAL THE ELECTION THIS YEAR.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2011 :  1:07:33 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, she is there.
Go to Top of Page

scamore

105 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  11:34:06 AM  Show Profile Send scamore a Private Message  Reply with Quote
heard the police station got a face lift. All tile floors, we can all call rosa diflorio husband for it, so now people can go slip sliding through the station when wet.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  10:39:59 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really?? Is he supposed to be doing side work like that if he's a city employee? I heard he did the Rec Center and of course the infamous Florence Street wall too. Very interesting.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  12:47:22 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is he still working for the city?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  10:04:07 AM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
40 hour city services. His van has been in front of the police station every day last week doing work. No city truck his van. Double dip maybe.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  10:57:14 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have an ethical problem with that and I'm so sick of hearing what a nice guy he is. He can be the nicest guy in the world but if this really is going on, it's wrong. I certainly do not blame "him".

Anyone can post MGL and Ethic laws. They mean nothing in this city. Laws are written for a reason and I've seen them get so blatantly ignored like never before. I think this city just follows the foot steps of Sal Dimasi. It caught up to him and will catch up here too.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  3:19:25 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
when are you going to knock it off everyone knows about you Miles Prower right.
Go to Top of Page

scamore

105 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  05:36:28 AM  Show Profile Send scamore a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wow Tails you hit a nerve out here, the truth hurts sometimes and your correct when you say this is not like Topix and hopefully it will never be.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2