Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Local Election
 Who's Running
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  7:18:34 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find it hard to believe Joe Santagate is running for mayor. Has anyone been to city hall and looked at the book recently?

Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  8:07:49 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Massdee, I haven't seen the book yet but I did see him Monday on Broadway. One sign said he was running for alderman and the other said mayor. He can be a nice guy, but there's definitely something not right about the man.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  10:17:02 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if he took papers out for both. I am surprised he would even consider it, either office.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2011 :  09:23:27 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read on the other message board that Peter Napolitano took nomination papers out to run for mayor. Can anyone confirm this?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  12:12:52 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From the Boston Globe, as of today.

DeMaria will run again

With the city’s election season getting underway, Mayor Carlo DeMaria Jr. recently announced that he is seeking a third two-year term in office. DeMaria plans a campaign kickoff event Wednesday at the Silver Fox Restaurant. So far, one challenger has emerged. Joseph Santagate, a recently retired Housing Authority maintenance worker who lost a previous bid for School Committee, took out his papers to run for mayor on April 22. DeMaria was first elected mayor in 2007. Then in his fifth term as alderman at large, he defeated Ward 6 Alderman Joseph W. McGonagle after a preliminary election in which then-mayor John F. Hanlon was eliminated. The owner of four Honey Dew Donuts franchises, DeMaria previously served two terms as a Ward 2 common councilor. — John Laidler
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  12:26:32 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have a better chance of seeing Jesus Christ walk through Everett Square, than Peter does getting elected Mayor.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

city flyer

3 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  1:00:01 PM  Show Profile Send city flyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I disagree. Everyone has been complaining that they wanted someone, anyone, to run against Carlo. No someown is and you trash them. You must be a Carlo supported/employee or just like trash talking. Good luck Peter. He could do the job. But, of course, as soon as someone pulls papers the garbage starts. Oh, well, you will get what you deserve.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  1:46:44 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the double standard that you guys have. It's ok to trash the Mayor, but it's not ok to express my personal opinion about a candidate's legitimacy?

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  1:48:09 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Besides, Peter is just fighting somebody else's fight...

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  4:07:53 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Poli Scientist

I love the double standard that you guys have. It's ok to trash the Mayor, but it's not ok to express my personal opinion about a candidate's legitimacy?

Sick of hacks...

Trash the mayor??

He does a good enough job trashing himself with his words and actions. He makes his own bed. Maybe Peter can do a better job, so what's wrong with that? You need change sometimes and IMHO the mayor is far too complacent and is running city hall like a mob show.
Go to Top of Page

city flyer

3 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  5:39:38 PM  Show Profile Send city flyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't like to see any candidate being trashed and being dragged through the mud. That is a large contibutor why many good, qualified prospects won't run for office in this city. They see and hear what is said about decent people who put themselves out there and want no part of it. If attitudes don't change, why should our politics change? Those that get out and do the work get treated with the same disrespect as those that slide by.
Go to Top of Page

city flyer

3 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  5:41:17 PM  Show Profile Send city flyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Besides, Peter is just fighting somebody else's fight...

Sick of hacks..."

Who's fight is he fighting? I believe he would like a chance to try to make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  7:07:29 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Exactly my point. Peter has made his own bed many years ago. He talks down to others as well as others on the council. He has this sense of integrity that he doesn't deserve, and as a result he makes enemies. He's done it to me, and for that I will never respect him.
quote:
Originally posted by Tails

quote:
Originally posted by Poli Scientist

Sick of hacks...

Trash the mayor??

He does a good enough job trashing himself with his words and actions. He makes his own bed. Maybe Peter can do a better job, so what's wrong with that? You need change sometimes and IMHO the mayor is far too complacent and is running city hall like a mob show.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  7:21:21 PM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DeMaria will run again

With the city’s election season getting underway, Mayor Carlo DeMaria Jr. recently announced that he is seeking a third two-year term in office. DeMaria plans a campaign kickoff event Wednesday at the Silver Fox Restaurant. So far, one challenger has emerged. Joseph Santagate, a recently retired Housing Authority maintenance worker who lost a previous bid for School Committee, took out his papers to run for mayor on April 22. DeMaria was first elected mayor in 2007. Then in his fifth term as alderman at large, he defeated Ward 6 Alderman Joseph W. McGonagle after a preliminary election in which then-mayor John F. Hanlon was eliminated. The owner of four Honey Dew Donuts franchises, DeMaria previously served two terms as a Ward 2 common councilor. — John Laidler

© Copyright 2011 Globe Newspaper Company.

JOE SANTAGATE FOR MAYOR HE IS WELL LIKED BY HIS ELDERY DON'T FORGET
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  7:26:25 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I personally don't think Peter Napolitano is fighting anyone's fight. Watching the Common Council meetings he appears to be his own person. He is not always popular with what he has said in the past but at least he wasn't playing politics.

This is not an endorsement of Councilor Napolitano but he is a good family man and has been in Everett politics for quite sometime. He appears to be quite intelligent, educated and well spoken. I also think he is a Veteran. He might have the potential to be a formidable opponent in the mayor's race.

I would like to see a few others step up and run too. It is always a good thing to give the voters a choice.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2