Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Local Election
 Who's Running
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  8:26:26 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope Peter goes through with it. Everyone is entitled to run. I just don't see it happening. The only one I can see putting together a good run against Carlo, would be Van Campen. Other than that it looks like Carlo will win again.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  10:00:49 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe Peter Napolitano and Robert VanCampen are friends. If he has someone like RVC in his corner then his chances would be even better.

I would like to see a non-political businessman run. The city needs to be run like a business. The excessive spending needs to stop.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  10:39:36 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What type of platform will Peter run on? Taxes? We had a chance to include 4 million from stabilization, but they shoot it down...Just mor petty politics. WE HAVE 9 MILLION TUCKED AWAY

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  10:40:48 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Other cities have nothing. It's a rainy day fund, and if you ask me, it's pouring out!

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  08:15:06 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not in favor of putting money from the stabilization fund towards the taxes. Can you imagine the potential hit the taxpayer would take when the time comes and there is no money to offset the tax rate? I truly feel the budget needs to be cut. If spending is reigned in, that would be a permanent adjustment to the tax rate, not a band-aid. This problem has been gong on much longer than the present administration and it needs to stop. Just my opinion.

Edited by - massdee on 05/02/2011 08:16:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  08:37:38 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Poli Scientist

Exactly my point. Peter has made his own bed many years ago. He talks down to others as well as others on the council. He has this sense of integrity that he doesn't deserve, and as a result he makes enemies. He's done it to me, and for that I will never respect him.
quote:
Originally posted by Tails

quote:
Originally posted by Poli Scientist

I love the double standard that you guys have. It's ok to trash the Mayor, but it's not ok to express my personal opinion about a candidate's legitimacy?

Sick of hacks...

Trash the mayor??

He does a good enough job trashing himself with his words and actions. He makes his own bed. Maybe Peter can do a better job, so what's wrong with that? You need change sometimes and IMHO the mayor is far too complacent and is running city hall like a mob show.

Sick of hacks...

See..you say "Peter" but the only one I heard pulled papers was Joe Santagate. Would that be because Peter may have a chance of pulling it off...or if not....he may show people that Carlo is not unbeatable. Peter may not win, but I think people would be surprised at the numbers he would get, and the next election....Carlo and his hacks would be gone, and it's about time.

I know Peter has talked down to people, but that is a childish issue. The issue is the budget has gone up 17 million dollars in 3 years and that is NOT fixed costs, like Carlo plays it up to be. And, the only reason why we have ANY money in stabilization is thanks to the 4 Alderman that are looking out for the people and the finances in this city, not depleting accounts to pay hacks and win votes at election time.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  10:51:47 AM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What do you suggest we use it for? We could of used 4 and still had 5 tucked away. Budgets are inflated nation wide and I think people are forgetting that we are in the worste economic downturn since the great depression. Of course Peter will pull a decent vote, every politician has haters that no matter what will vote the other way. And Peter pulled papers last Friday.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  11:13:06 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just because budgets are inflated nation wide does not make it right. It is part of the reason our economy is in the state it's in. I prefer a leader who takes the bull by the horns and does the right thing instead of playing politics.

I would rather use it for one time expenditures, not a band-aid on the taxes.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  10:09:32 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What makes Peter Napolitano any different? How will he run the city effectivly? I don't think the guy has ever held a job for more than 5 minutes without being fired. If im not mistaken, I think most of his votes through out the past 3 years have been pro-administration. And Tails, what you describe as a childish issue is a deal breaker for me. If a candidate acts like he is smarter than you, and talks down to you, chances are you are not going to vote for that guy.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  11:08:02 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I stated earlier, I am not endorsing Peter and I would not try to speak for him. Those are questions you need to ask him. I am still hoping others will step forward and run. Too many of our elected officials talk down to people, the present administration included.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2011 :  08:00:36 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How I knew that would come up about Peter. Sorry, but maybe he never had anything handed to him, like Carlo did. And, yes, Peter has talked down to people and there was one instance when I did not like it at all. That said, he did it because of a LIE that he was told by the DeMaria administration (what else is new) and if anyone watches the Board of Alderman meetings, Carlo is the worst Everett politician that is so rude to anyone that questions him. That's because of his insecurities and weaknesses. I still say there are much more important issues at hand, and right now it's the blatant mismanagement of city finances. If anyone (including Peter) can do better, then I'd like to see them try. This is another reason the four year term for mayor should not even be considered. Look at just the past three years, imagine two four year terms??
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  1:21:04 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard anything new?

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  7:58:10 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The ones I am 100% certain of:

Mayor, C. DeMaria, P. Napolitano, J. Santagate.

Alderman at Large, J. McGonagle

Alderman

Ward 1, M. Cardello
Ward 2, M. Mangan, S. Simonelli
Ward 3, M. Marchese
Ward 4, C. DiPerri
Ward 5, R. VanCampen
Ward 6,

Common Council
Ward 1, Sergio Cornelio
Ward 2,
Ward 3, R. Miller
Ward 4, D. Napolitano
Ward 5,
Ward 6,

Edited by - massdee on 05/14/2011 8:04:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  10:57:32 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The ones that have pulled papers that you are missing are... Puleo, Dibiaso, Santagate (mayor and at large) for at large. Sal Sachetta for Ward six alderman. Council...Ward One Cornelio, Gianelli, Matewsky, and Brad DiFlumeri. Council ward 2... all 3 incumbents. Ward 3 Miller, Rodrigues, Smith, Dantone, Dellisola, and Jordan. Ward 5 just incumbents. Ward six, all incumbents and Michael McLaughlin.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  11:05:31 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What office are Puleo and Dibiaso running for?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2