Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Local Election
 Mayor's Race 2011
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  11:56:51 AM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The really sad part is that this kid is not acting appropriate for his age. He should be doing things with kids his own age, activities at school, sports, etc. Carlo is supposed to be the adult here and he should not be encouraging him to give up activities that are age-appropriate in favor of helping him in whatever manner he is. This kid should not be hanging around with all these adults and at the bar in restaurants with them. This is getting close to child abuse.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  2:10:45 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think it's a bad thing for a kid to be more mature than most of their peers. Who knows what he does with his free time. If it's something he's passionate about and enjoys, than so be it. Going as far as to say it's "close to child abuse" is very harsh and only proves the double standard you guys have. Peter's teen boy's don't hold signs every night and Saturday's? I've seen them out dropping flyers too. There's nothing wrong with it. There passionate about helping their dad, just like Carlo's cousin is about his relative.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  2:16:32 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Peter's boys do work on his campaign. However, they don't go to every fundraiser in the city, spend most nights at city hall, attend CC and BOA meetings, and hang out at a bar with older people. His boys put in time with their peers, not their father's. Not denying he is mature, but you only have so many years as a kid and HS student and it should be lived as such. Out every spare moment with adults is not age appropriate.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  2:35:17 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It may not be the greatest way to spend his time, but only his family and himself should be the judge of that. Not a group of self important bloggers. As long as he is happy and he maintains good grades, who cares.

I also heard Peter was very rude to the kid and even had supporters taking pictures of him this past weekend holding signs. If true, that is just foolish. Stick to your guns and fight out the rest of the campaign.

Edited by - Baby Huey on 11/01/2011 2:37:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  5:53:26 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He doesn't sound very mature to me if he was making fun of our navy and not stop when he was asked. That is just plain childish.

Isn't there a law on the books that minors are not allowed at a bar after a certain time of night even when they are with their parents or guardian? I remember about seven years ago and being out to dinner with another couple and they had their teenage son with them. We were at a restaurant/bar, and the owner came over to our table to inform the parents that they would have to leave by a certain time, because minors were not allowed to stay. I can't remember if it was 6:00 or 7:00PM. I don't know if that is still the law or not.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  8:12:13 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Huey

Peter's seems to be from the 1st of the year, whereas The Mayor's is from when the primary would have been. I also noticed Peter only has 1200 dollars left and has 6000 in bills to pay. I find it interesting that he never paid rent and just listed it as a liability.

I like to see campaign finance reports. So what… if Peter Napolitano listed his rent as a liability? It still needs to be paid.

Okay then….. since we are commenting….. it’s a lot easier for someone who has hundreds of thousands of dollars and is allowed to build a war chest, and we all know how.

I find it interesting that 3 people working in the mayors office are busy running around to Stop & Shop, going out and getting office supplies, etc. Jerry Navarra, Melissa Murphy and Matt Laidlaw. Wonder what time of the day that was? We all know Bob Joy is campaigning 24/7!

I also find it interesting that Carlo can go and spend $5,000.00 on a video rather than getting one done for free like everyone else from ECTV and almost $8,000.00 for those oversized colorful mailers, instead of being cost efficient. Just proves even more how he throws away money and has no regard for our money. People who’s tax bills and mortgages have increased, should be outraged. Just wait until the new tax rate comes out! Even the renters should be outraged, because when the mortgage increases, so does the rent and it’s due to frivolous spending.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  8:27:11 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Something seems fishy about Napolitano's finance report. How are purchases at Rite Aid, Walgreens, I Party, BJ's, Home Depot, Dunkin's, Michael's, and even Postage considered liabilities? It's not like those places let you take what you want and bill you for them later. From what it looks like, all those things line up with his personal donations. If that's the case, his finance report was done wrong.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  9:12:11 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New Napolitano video.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

makemelaugh

37 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  12:24:45 PM  Show Profile Send makemelaugh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just looking at today's paper and not one, not one, ad has if you need a ride to the polls call a number how sad is that.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  12:38:38 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also just read the paper. If the numbers are correct then the total operating budget has only increased about 150 thousand dollars since Hanlon's last budget. The number of total employees also seems to be down about 70.

I also read in the paper that the city and state just certified 3.5 million in free cash. That's no drop in the bucket.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  1:12:19 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see the list of names and the positions that were eliminated. Were they truly eliminated or new titles and just shifted. I think that was brought out at a BOA meeting.

I really have to laugh about the no increase in fees. WE pay more to park at the meters. We pay more for building permits. The biggest one, our tax bills have increased plenty.

Oh and the budget, add back in the Water $10 million. Those points in that ad are not honest.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  3:52:03 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No See Dawg it's not a drop in the bucket although it's a third of the 11.6 million that we had.

Once again,....Carlo tries to take full credit for something Everett has ALWAYS been historically good with collecting taxes, etc, so it's not something that one administration should be trying to take full credit for.

Great PR move with the big advertisements right before the election. I don't recall that big hoopla display in the newspapers in prior years, especially since it's not on Mass DOR's site yet.

That 3.5 will be gone so fast and probably into contractors pockets.
Go to Top of Page

Wildfire132

31 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  01:18:24 AM  Show Profile Send Wildfire132 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was just on Facebook and read a post saying Napolitano's taking his YouTube videos up a notch. You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  07:31:53 AM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still not negative, huh?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  08:38:29 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You must be logged in to see this link.

I don't see it as negative, I see it showing what is going on in Everett. We are losing our business base and many of our longtime residents. It paints a scary picture for those of us who can't leave. Everett needs a change. Please get out and vote on Tuesday, Nov 8th.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2