Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Local Election
 Mayor's Race 2011
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  8:18:46 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems as though both of them were wrong. Can anybody put any credence into the fact that Matthew supposedly was very mean to Carlo's 12 year old son?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  9:14:05 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Mayor of the City of Everett dropped the "F" bomb on a seventeen year old kid holding signs for his father? Real mature! He was the adult in the situation and he should of handled himself professionally.

I took a look at the picture on Facebook and also read the comments under the picture. Peter Napolitano's son gave his account of what happened and the kid is very believable.

It is very sad that things have got to this low point in a political race.

Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  06:53:42 AM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heard from a senior who was in the square one Saturday morning and witnesses two elderly women trying to cross the street and being unable because Carlo's workers were blocking the crosswalk and made no attempt to move to allow passage. The two women stepped into Norwood Street and were nearly hit by a car. I thing that gives evidence to how the Mayor is conducting his people and this campaign.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  07:10:21 AM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like you all want to try and gang up on Carlo, but won't address Matthew being verbally mean to Carlo's 12 year old son.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  07:33:53 AM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At least they are both kids--if it happened. A grown adult should not encourage other adults to "smother" the kid.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  08:21:45 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If that happened, and I don't know, it's not right either. In no way does it reach the level of the mayor and some of his adult supporters harassing a teenager.

Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  08:38:55 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Huey

Seems like you all want to try and gang up on Carlo, but won't address Matthew being verbally mean to Carlo's 12 year old son.

Can you elaborate more on how Peter Napolitano's son was verbally mean to Carlo's 12 year old son? I was not there so I cant say if happened or not, but that's kids stuff. Did both parents tell their boys that type of behavior is not tolerated? I certainly hope so, but from what I've heard about and seen, the mayors behavior was out of control and to a minor! Those were ADULTS harassing a minor and that's what the difference is.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  09:06:09 AM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the Mayor threatened to call the police, doesn't he realize that they could be called on him also. This behavior has got to stop. Both side need to be considerate not only of each other, but of residents who travel the sidewalks and streets of our city.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  09:23:52 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is not ganging up on the Mayor. The Mayor put himself in this situation.

Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  10:07:50 AM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Peter encourages his kids to try and annoy DeMaria's volunteers. Father like son, can't conduct himself around others properly. Is it ok for Peter's son to wave is sign behind DeMaria's head? I don't think so. I doubt the Mayor told his supporters to circle around the kid.

Peter's kid told Carlo's son that he didn't belong there, and that there are rules for sign holding. Should have kept his mouth shut instead of insulting a 12 year old kid, who is far behind in maturity and life experience due to his age compared to Peter's son.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  10:31:23 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a shame. Kids should be friends and parents should be teaching them that it's not acceptable to have words with each other like that....or.... treat each other bad. The minute that incident happened (if indeed it did because I did not hear that) both parents should have got together with the kids and straightened it out. I'm not excusing what may have happened between kids, and I really hope both parents got to the bottom of it.....but from I saw in a picture and heard from plenty of people, the mayors behavior was unacceptable to a minor. If both parents did nothing about it, and are raising their kids to think it's okay to act that way, then I'm blanking the ballot. I've had enough of nastiness.
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  10:33:29 AM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First of all it's not Peter Napolitano's conduct that comes into question here. It is Mayor Carlo Demaria's conduct towards a 17 year old kid that is questionable. I doubt Napolitano is telling his kids to annoy anyone. IMHO, Napolitano has more class than that.

Mayor Carlo DeMaria should have kept his mouth shut instead of swearing at and threatening a 17 year old kid with arrest. After all Napolitano's kid is far behind in maturity and life experience due to his age compared to Mayor DeMaria.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  10:46:14 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First off, let me say that I don’t get the need for sign holding. It doesn’t do anything to help me determine who I’m going to vote for. I find it annoying, especially when it slows down traffic or it gets in the way of other normal activities. If people vote for a candidate based upon the number of people holding signs in the Square on a Saturday morning, then we deserve what we get for representation.

Since sign holding is a way of life in Everett, we have to realize what is going to happen when you put a large number of people of strongly differing opinions in a confined area. But do I condone any of the types of actions reported here? Of course not.

I had heard about Saturday’s incident before it was reported on this board from a number of sources, admittedly, all pro-Napolitano. They all told basically the same story. And even Baby Huey doesn’t dispute what seem to be the basic facts of the incident. Instead, what is offered in defense of the Mayor’s actions is an alleged earlier incident between the two sons. No, none of us can “put credence into the fact” that there was a prior incident since this was the first time that most of us were hearing about it. (BTW, how do you put “credence” into ‘‘fact”?) I’m not disputing that the incident happened; how could I know? But some things just don’t fit together very well for me.

First thing, since we don’t have much context for the alleged incident, I assuming that it happened at an earlier sign holding session. If that is the case, is that an appropriate place for a 12 year old to be? In a perfect world, sure; in a politically charged environment, probably not. It is not an excuse for something to happen though. If the earlier incident happened, one would expect it to be resolved by the parents stepping in to put a stop to it. As the parent of the older child, a part of most likely advice/warning that a parent would give to the older child would be to stay away from any confrontation with the other family. That didn’t seem to happen. Unfortunately, we’ve all probably seen the Mayor “go off”; when he does, it seems that he’s not afraid to get everything he’s feeling off his chest. Even if a prior incident with his young son had been “settled”, it seems unlikely that he wouldn’t still harbor ill feelings about it, as any parent would. None of the reports of Saturday’s incident seemed to include something like that. I just find that strange. Again, it’s all just conjecture on my part. But, by introducing a story without providing any real factual information or support from other posters (even alter-egos), it’s hard to know what to think about it except, that if it happened, it was wrong too.

Bottom line. Wrong is wrong; but it is hard not to argue that some things are more wrong than others.

Edited by - tetris on 10/11/2011 10:59:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

babygurl

2 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  11:29:15 AM  Show Profile Send babygurl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Usually read but dont post but have to say Napolitano puts his own people in the line of fire. It looks stupid driving up the street on a sat. seeing 25 Demaria signs and 2 napolitano signs in the middle. Readily admit the Demaria signs are held by mostly city workers and councillors. Holding signs blocking a public sidewalk should not happen so Demaria should not have so many at once. Looks like he does it to outdue Napolitano. I know who I vote for and dont need a sign to tell me make up my own mind or how many people are holding those signs. Do away with that and lawn signs and go back to old fasion debate.
Go to Top of Page

Cam

82 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  12:11:29 PM  Show Profile Send Cam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree the sign holding and lawn signs are unneeded. I don't believ a sign has ever convinced anyone to vote for the candidate.

That being said, there is no excuse for a grown man, such as the mayor, to be intimadating a kid. This situation does not make me comfortable on how he must handle his employees. It makes me wonder if there are any strong arming going on in the business community to get donantions for his pet projects. It has created alot of doubt in my mind.

I was kind of on the fence this election but leaning towards Napolitano. This has pushed me off the fence and I will be voting Napolitano.

The mayor has had 4 years to make life better in Everett and it's gotten worse. I can barely afford my taxes. "Gone are the days" when Everett was an affordable place to live and open a business. Our streets are dirty and unsafe. In stead of harassing an oponents son the mayor should be worried about the residents of Everett.

It is time for a change.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2