Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Local Election
 Mayor's Race 2011
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

card

117 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  1:18:25 PM  Show Profile Send card a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TIME FOR A CHANGE IS A GREAT IDEA, BUT DIDN'T I READ THE MAYOR ACCEPTED PETER'S DEBATE?

SO WHEN IS IT ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  1:25:23 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Mayor asked Peter to have his son stop standing behind him, waving a sign over his head. At which point Peter replied it's a free sidewalk.

If you ask me that is not good parenting.
Go to Top of Page

makemelaugh

37 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  2:02:46 PM  Show Profile Send makemelaugh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just got a phone call from a 508 area code, and it was asking if the election was held today who would you vote for. Carlo DeMaria, Peter Napolitano or no one. Of course I pushed for Peter.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  2:34:43 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know who is doing these phone polls, but they are such a waste of money at this point. Doesn't it make more sense to have that done sooner? What changes can either candidate possibly make at this point? They are not accurate and I think people put too much stock in them.
Go to Top of Page

snoopy1

64 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  3:08:04 PM  Show Profile Send snoopy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Huey

The Mayor asked Peter to have his son stop standing behind him, waving a sign over his head. At which point Peter replied it's a free sidewalk.

No, that would not be good parenting at all but I don't think the kid was deliberately waving anything over the mayors head. He was holding a Napolitano sign in one hand and flipping an Hola/Hello sign in the other. The kid is not Harry Houdini. I think the mayor was already set off (for childish reasons) I've never had a problem with the mayor personally up until this past Saturday. I cannot say the same for people holding his signs. A few weeks ago I was very disturbed to see the mayor standing with someone that he appoints on a commission, with that person's young son. That little boy kept hitting (actual physical contact) with an older woman holding a Napolitano sign. That woman asked the father 3 times to have the little boy stop it, and the father response was..He did nothing wrong. I was surprised the mayor did not step up and say be careful, or whatever, but the father's response was terrible. I figured it was a one time nasty incident, until this past Saturday. It was the icing on the cake.

People holding DeMaria signs have said nasty things to me, some like to stand shoulder to shoulder and literally squeeze you in, unnecessarily, but I have tough skin and can take it. The only thing the mayor himself has ever said to me is hello. That's why it was very disturbing to hear a teenager getting threatened with 1 -5 -50 police officers and getting arrested. It was such an abuse of power being thrown around and I was totally shocked. No matter what words kids allegedly said to each other in a prior incident, it does not compare at all to what happened on Saturday. If that alleged prior incident took place, I think I would have heard about it, and did not. I could not understand why the mayor of the city of everett started screaming, and when he did not get his way had his goons surround a teenager to intimidate him. You know the old saying....You snooze you lose..Well Carlo does not own the sidewalk and anyone is just as "entitled" as him to stand wherever they want as long as they are not touching anyone. If I stand in a spot and I leave and come back and the spot is taken, too bad for me! None of it should have happened. From past history, I'm concerned about what it is Carlo seems to be nervous about. I don't think it's the election. I just hope there isn't any scheming being planned.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  5:56:11 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anybody driven through the square when the sign holdings are taking place? I just drove through the square and, first off, when the opponent has 30 people, and you have 5, isn't it smart to move somewhere else so you don't look pathetic? Second, I felt like I just drove through the city morgue, Peter's people look like their ready to kick to bucket!
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  6:03:39 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Okay, for the sake of argument, let’s accept that this latest statement is true. It seems to fit with reports of other things that were going on last Saturday. Do I believe that it is bad parenting? No. To me, it’s just another example of the sad and juvenile behavior that we hear about going on in the Square on Saturday mornings week after week. And if that is what is being used as an excuse as to what set the Mayor off, don’t you have to ask yourself if this is the type of behavior that you want from your Chief Executive over such a petty matter?

What this whole thing really says to me is that neither candidate has complete control over the actions of its supporters. That’s nothing new; it’s an Everett institution. So far in the Mayoral race, thank goodness, there haven’t been any reports that I’m aware of the usual missing/destroyed lawn signs and/or flat tires. Some people still want to pin the anonymous mailings on the Napolitano campaign but the candidate has come out in black and white and denied it. But the Mayor has made no official statement about it and doesn’t seem to be doing anything to get to the bottom of it. That’s a far cry from what happened when internet posters were intimidated into toning down alleged defamatory postings. So, if that was part of the issue on Saturday, don’t you also have to ask yourself why nothing seems to be happening on that front?
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  6:34:14 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Baby Huey

(Has anybody driven through the square when the sign holdings are taking place? I just drove through the square and, first off, when the opponent has 30 people, and you have 5, isn't it smart to move somewhere else so you don't look pathetic? Second, I felt like I just drove through the city morgue, Peter's people look like their ready to kick to bucket!)

You are way out of line. First and foremost, whether you have 5 or 50 people holding signs for a candidate, the street is still public property. Both sides need to respect the other's right to be there. Second, where do you get off with your comment about the age of his supporters. That is rude, crude and inappropriate. You owe each and every one of them an apology. How would you like me to say that about your parents or grandparents. Please think before you comment. It reflects on the Mayor's campaign and the ignorance you show becomes his.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  7:11:44 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well said Cozulady. Couldn't agree more.
Go to Top of Page

Cam

82 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  7:14:53 PM  Show Profile Send Cam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Has anybody driven through the square when the sign holdings are taking place? I just drove through the square and, first off, when the opponent has 30 people, and you have 5, isn't it smart to move somewhere else so you don't look pathetic? Second, I felt like I just drove through the city morgue, Peter's people look like their ready to kick to bucket!

Thanks for reenforcing my decision to vote for Napolitano. You sound like a spoiled brat whose parents never taught you to respect others.

By the way, the segment of Everett's population that you insulted are the very ones who get out and vote.

Grow up!
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  8:42:36 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Why does DeMaria have to dominate everything? I actually think it looks terrible having so many signs compared to a few on each corner. They take over the entire square which is wrong. I hate signs all together, but since it's the will, it gets done, but does not have to be such a production.

Now I see how DeMaria people really feel about the elderly. That's sad.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  9:52:32 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So now you criticize the man for having too many volunteers? Give me a break
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  08:50:00 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where is the man being criticized for having too many "volunteers"?

The problem seems to be the amount of sign holders in the square that are blocking pedestrians from safely navigating the sidewalks and crossing streets. It also becomes an issue for the drivers trying to use Broadway.

I personally don't care how many "volunteers" a candidate has, as long as they are respectful and conduct themselves in a dignified manner.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  10:22:12 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huey,

No, please give us a break. You don't seem like you to want to engage in any type of a conversation with any of us. You just want to find fault with us and further your own agenda, as crass as that may be some times. If you are posting stuff just to get a rise out of any of us (you know, like your hero), it doesn't seem to be working and I hope that it stays that way. That's the way that mature adults behave.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  11:02:06 AM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do enjoy engaging in conversation on this forum, and I apologize if my comments have contradicted that. I have just had enough of the B.S. and negativity that has come from Peter's campaign that people leave out of the conversation. If you don't agree that he has run a negative, hypocritical, smear campaign against the Mayor, we can agree to disagree. At the same time we shouldn't "jump" down each other's throats, which we are all guilty of doing, including myself.

We are all here for the same reason; to learn about issues in our city, and provide insight to things going on.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2