Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Local Election
 Mayor's Race 2011
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  11:25:54 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huey,

I'm glad to see that you are willing to engage in conversation. However, you still need to take responsibility for your own actions and not blame them on someone else. Is your perceived displeasure with the Napolitano campaign an adequate excuse for insulting the elderly last night? You may have not meant it that way but it was an insult to all elderly people, not just the one the ones that hold signs for Councilor Napolitano. You were asked to apologize fot it last night; I shouldn't have to be asking again if you truly want to be taken seriously.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  11:36:28 AM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Huey

I do enjoy engaging in conversation on this forum, and I apologize if my comments have contradicted that. I have just had enough of the B.S. and negativity that has come from Peter's campaign that people leave out of the conversation. If you don't agree that he has run a negative, hypocritical, smear campaign against the Mayor, we can agree to disagree. At the same time we shouldn't "jump" down each other's throats, which we are all guilty of doing, including myself.

We are all here for the same reason; to learn about issues in our city, and provide insight to things going on.

I have to disagree with you. I have not seen anything negative from Napolitano. You, on the other hand, continue to post not only negative remarks, but go out of your way to insult people. We all have the right to support the candidate we choose without harassment from the opposition. I seriously wonder if you are actually trying to back door support Napolitano by posting such hateful things that reflect negatively on the Mayor. In a strange way it is working and getting more support for Napolitano. Makes one wonder.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  4:03:23 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tetris, I did not fully read through the entirety of the previous comments. I do however offer my apologies for my comments.
Go to Top of Page

Middle-Man 1

188 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  10:02:31 PM  Show Profile Send Middle-Man 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah 2005, the year the foolish voters of Everett chose to end the Ragucci aministration. One of the stupidest moves here in recent times. The guy did a fantastic job for this city. I ran into him a few months ago and asked him to save us and run for mayor again. He just laughed. Can't say I blame the guy. Why come back here for a substantial pay cut and to clean up the mess that was made after he left?

Edited by - Middle-Man 1 on 10/13/2011 12:23:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  10:49:25 AM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Peter Napolitano for Mayor of Everett
Councilor Peter A. Napolitano
Things Are Not Always What They Seem

Councilor Peter A. Napolitano

Just recently I was reading an editorial in one of our local newspapers about the mayors race, which identified the Mayor as popular and likeable. Well in the spirit of “Underdog,” I guess that makes me humble and lovable. Thanks for the compliment guys. My supporters and I have been out every day since this campaign started last Spring, working hard to get my message out that we are in it to win it. And why? Things are not always what they seem to be. We all had high hopes four years ago that the Mayor had the ability to get the City back on track. The Mayor’s inauguration speech, "Gone are the days when the city employees are hired because of their acquaintances instead of their qualifications,” inspired hope that the City was moving in a direction where city employees could focus on their jobs and not keeping the Mayor in his job. The Mayor cannot accuse me of not giving him the support he needed in the beginning, but one unopposed re-election campaign later everything changed.

We all witnessed some very qualified individuals being replaced with close friends of the Mayor or members of the City Council. You might think that this is politics but it still does not make it right. I remember the first political speech I ever heard and it went, “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.” The present Administration is about retaining its power at all costs and God help you if you question that power. We have seen many examples of that and it is wrong.

I recently came under attack for not blindly supporting the GIC Insurance incentive that the mayor wants to use to try and reduce the City’s health care costs. I am not opposed to saving the City money; after all, that is the main objective of my campaign. You have to under-
stand something: this administration has presented many items before the City Council over the past four years that were incomplete or not what they seemed to be and had to be resubmitted. They are almost always presented in the eleventh hour with little or no information and an insistence that they be passed immediately. The Mayor almost always jumps the gun if there is a political advantage to him such as the City garden he promised the residents of Main Street, only to have the designated land go back to its previous owner.

The GIC Insurance piece needed to be discussed in greater detail and the Finance Committee exists for that purpose. Considering that we were given no specific information, it was the prudent thing to do and delayed nothing. Wouldn’t you agree that a good leader makes sure he has all the facts straight and takes the time to educate the City Council so they can make a qualified decision? Anything less is lazy and arrogant.

In closing, I would like to change tracks. There are two things going on that I feel reflect poorly on our community. Currently there is an unsigned letter campaign attacking the Mayor, the Superintendent and the Police Chief. It is common knowledge that members of the City Council have been receiving these very same letters for the past three years. These letters are not coming from me or anyone associated with me. The Mayor knows this but is conveniently quiet. Additionally many of my political signs have mysteriously disappeared from supporters’ homes and some of the Mayor’s signs have also been destroyed. I appeal to whoever is involved in either of these acts to stop for the good of our community. Everett is better than that. Finally, regarding my challenge to the Mayor for a debate…we were informed by the Mayor to negotiate with his professional campaign consultant in Boston. The only information from them was heavily weighted to the Mayor’s advantage and there was very little room for a fair and balanced debate. We were left with many questions and have been waiting for an e-mail reply for two weeks. No information has ever provided in writing.
We tried.

The good news is that the Everett Multicultural Affairs Commission is hosting a Mayoral Candidate forum at the Edward G. Connolly Center at:

90 Chelsea Street on Tuesday, October 25 at 5:30 pm. Residents will have the opportunity to ask questions of the Mayor and me, so pencil in the date. I am very much looking forward to this forum. I hope to see you there. As always, thank you for your time and attention.
Go to Top of Page

OuttaHere

58 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  4:26:59 PM  Show Profile Send OuttaHere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will there be "unreliable" audio/visual equipiment (dead mikes,bad video) available there courtesy of ECTV ;)....or should I just bring my Iphone 4S! ;)
Go to Top of Page

Wildfire132

31 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  10:39:47 PM  Show Profile Send Wildfire132 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Either way this sounds good. A Mayors candidate forum. Where's the Edward G. Connolly Center?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  10:46:42 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire132

Either way this sounds good. A Mayors candidate forum. Where's the Edward G. Connolly Center?

It's the old armory on Chelsea Street.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  10:40:52 AM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Peter Napolitano has some YouTube videos. Here are the links. Waters Ave and coffee at Park Plaza. Check them out.
You must be logged in to see this link.
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  2:03:47 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting videos.

I didn't hear anyone asking questions so I'll assume Peter was just giving people an overview of his take on things. Park Plaza is pretty big. Any idea when this took place &/or how many residents were there?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  2:29:27 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Youtube page says that the meeting took place on 10/13. No idea how many folks attended.
Go to Top of Page

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  3:14:54 PM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if it's really Sacro Plaza. Someone in the crowd mentions that the fountain will be in front and then the camera pans to the front and looks like Sal Saccro sitting there. Still Park Plaza, Sacro Plaza the message is the same.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  8:42:03 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tetris. I watched the video but didn't see the date.

Fran, I'm a little slow tonight & not following your statement...... "Park Plaza, Sacro Plaza the message is the same". Would you explain what you meant please?
Go to Top of Page

Middle-Man 1

188 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  10:45:29 PM  Show Profile Send Middle-Man 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, we know what the Sacro Plaza, Sal Sacro message is. But how is Park Plaza the same? Its a condo isnt it? Not owned by Sacro.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  11:25:12 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just watched the tape. It is at Park Plaza.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2