Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Local Election
 Mayor's Race 2011
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  10:59:14 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just listened to Peter's speech at his time. He did a good job and I was very surprised at the amount of people he had there. I still think this will be a very interesting election.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  06:57:31 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I agree completely massdee, I'm not sure that can/will be done with the other people currently in a position to ensure that. As has been stated numerous times, Carlo has the deck stacked & that's not going to change with the upcoming election.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  07:49:42 AM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once again nothing but lies from Peter's mouth. The Mayor did not buy a new mercedes this year (or any new vehicle). I am really disapointed in Peter. I thought he was above a lot of the suff he has been saying over the past few months. I can't wait for this race to be over.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  09:31:46 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see the mayor all the time driving a mercedes that's fairly new. Does he not drive a mercedes and a lincoln navigator?
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  09:56:31 AM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He drives a 10 year old mercedes and an old Navigator. He did not just buy a new car. Is that all Peter can hit the Mayor on? That is dirty.
Go to Top of Page

Cam

82 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  11:04:02 AM  Show Profile Send Cam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Listened to the video and there is much more in there than cars. Speaking of cars, you appear to know much of the mayors personal business.

Funny that is the only thing you took from that speech. What sticks out to me is the outrageous tax rates in this city and the commercial rate could be rising again.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  11:46:33 AM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A lie is a lie no matter how you look at it. I also noticed Johnny Boy talking about counselors not being independent and taking sides. What do you call the ones in that room the other night? Another double standard by the Napolitano campaign.

Edited by - Baby Huey on 10/29/2011 2:36:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  6:05:31 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personal attacks are ridiculous from either side. There are many issues facing the city. For once I would like to see an issue oriented campaign from both sides.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  6:56:59 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The difference is DeMaria himself has said nothing negative, but Peter has. All DeMaria's "propaganda" is about issues and accomplishments. Whether you agree with them or not, what else can you ask from a candidate?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  7:10:52 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to know how a mayor will get our outrageous tax rate under control. I would like to know that spending will be controlled. I would like to know when the city has a hiring freeze, there is actually a hiring freeze. I would like a mayor who spends his work day at city hall like most of our previous mayors had. I would like a mayor who shows up to City Council meetings when asked. I would like a mayor that sides with the residents on the Waters Ave project. Those are some of my issues.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  7:52:01 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Huey

He drives a 10 year old mercedes and an old Navigator. He did not just buy a new car. Is that all Peter can hit the Mayor on? That is dirty.

What has been done to Peter has been nothing but filth.

There’s no way that mercedes is 10 years old and the navigator is a better car than most people drive around here. No matter how he got it, good for him. The point is he has no concept of how to cut corners and save the taxpayers money. We are all told to tighten our belts…. but when we see city government just spend spend spend, and out tax bill increases, it’s evident to see we have a mayor that only cares for himself. He even admitted….”he cant say no”….those were “his” words.

We don’t need a yesperate for a mayor… we need someone that’s going to make the best decisions for the taxpayers and that’s not happening.

His response to his needless spending is its “pennies on the dollar” well, those pennies add up, and there’s no excuse for a 6.5 million dollar increase in the budget, from the prior one.

It has to stop, and I think that’s what Johnny Boy was referring to about the councilors. Those councilors that are bought and paid off just rubber-stamp these useless projects. Not sure what your beef is with Johnny Boy because if it were not for him, Carlo would not be in office right now. He sure has a funny way of showing appreciation.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  8:24:00 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by massdee

I would like to know how a mayor will get our outrageous tax rate under control. I would like to know that spending will be controlled. I would like to know when the city has a hiring freeze, there is actually a hiring freeze. I would like a mayor who spends his work day at city hall like most of our previous mayors had. I would like a mayor who shows up to City Council meetings when asked. I would like a mayor that sides with the residents on the Waters Ave project. Those are some of my issues.

I don't understand why a monthly spend down sheet from each department …especially with a 6.5 million dollar increase is not easily accessible. This is OUR money, and we need to see how much of the budget has been spent already… AND…. at what percentage. If each department has spent more than a third, then they are already over budget. I would bet everything I have….that city services is already over budget with all the hiring’s, even during a “supposed” hiring freeze. If Carlo gets reelected, we already know after the election it’s going to be…hire, hire, hire.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  9:16:59 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails, even if it isn't ten years old, which it is, your going to tell me that's not negative? Or the comments about marrying into money? Keep up the double standards, it only helps my argument. My axe to grind with Johnny Boy is that he was THE WORST MAYOR, this city has ever seen. He presented a budget that was a few million OVER proposotion 2 1/2! The current administration has never been over the levy limit.

You continue to say the budget went up, but won't state the truth why it went up. Health Ins., Unemployment, and Workers Comp. went up more than a few million as well as many other fixed costs. Even though the city gives the minimun required amount to the School Department, it is still almost 50% of the budget.

BTW, I find it interesting that Peter says he will cut the budget, but at the recent candidate's forum, he expressed that he would give more money to the School Department. More hypocritical statements from Peter.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  2:17:58 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Huey

Tails, even if it isn't ten years old, which it is, your going to tell me that's not negative? Or the comments about marrying into money? Keep up the double standards, it only helps my argument. My axe to grind with Johnny Boy is that he was THE WORST MAYOR, this city has ever seen. He presented a budget that was a few million OVER proposotion 2 1/2! The current administration has never been over the levy limit.

You continue to say the budget went up, but won't state the truth why it went up. Health Ins., Unemployment, and Workers Comp. went up more than a few million as well as many other fixed costs. Even though the city gives the minimun required amount to the School Department, it is still almost 50% of the budget.

BTW, I find it interesting that Peter says he will cut the budget, but at the recent candidate's forum, he expressed that he would give more money to the School Department. More hypocritical statements from Peter.

No, the current administration may have not been over the levy (barely) and I’m sure having the 10 million dollar water and sewer taken out of the budget helped a lot. Health insurance and fixed costs are excuses. Just like normal people know when the winter in coming, they budget for heating costs, and so should the city when it comes to health insurance and fixed costs.

What unemployment costs? Who’s currently collecting? The last I heard was the common council president which ran out this past May.

No matter how they got there….at least there were cuts made from the budget of four years ago…..but NOT now. At least Hanlon did his best to put in extras in pension and stabilization. Carlo has not put a dime in either one. The difference is Carlo makes sure his budgets are precise… then he blows through it and no one on the city council calls him on it or dares to ask for a spend down sheet from each department.

Instead of making sure the city is fiscally sound, we have contractor’s pockets getting fatter, or what ever Billy Thiebuealt says! There have been at least 9 people hired NOT in a budget. How are they being paid?? What happened to the 11.6 million dollars in free cash that was left when he took office and the following year, he’s left with $800,000.00?

Carlo has had 4 budgets and every single one has been overspent! Jobs, no bid contracts, etc.

Where’s the free cash that’s certified by October 1st in previous years? Why is Carlo late this year with free cash? Could it be because we will probably have zilch?

As far as the schools go, Everett pubic schools are not funded with Everett taxpayer dollars. They are net school spending through state funds and federal funds. Go online and look. Everett is at the bottom of the list.

I dare anyone to ask for a monthly spend-down of all accounts, and I guarantee each department is at 50% ……especially city services with 9 people hired and not budgeted for. We have a city council that lets him get away with it.

Why are the taxes up 15% in 4 years? Time for Carlo to put his big boy pants on, and answer where is free cash, where did it go…..and why is it a month late. He wants to hire a finance person for $150,000.00, rather than an auditor for $82,000.00?? There has not been a bid in the city for a year and this administration is handing out contracts like candy and overspending them. Spending spending spending with no regard.

The truth will not be known until a new administration gets in, or when the day comes (and it will) that we will be the third city taken over by the state. Chelsea, Lawrence and Everett will be next.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  3:27:49 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails, excellent overview. It is too bad that those councilors that tried to get cuts/info were pushed down by the DiMaria machine members. I hope that we get some change soon or as you say, we will go into receivership and be run like Chelsea. Hey, maybe that won't be so bad. We might get the truth for a change.

Edited by - cozulady on 10/30/2011 3:28:08 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2