Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 Our Mayor 2009
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2008 :  12:55:17 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way, did anyone else see the crews out this week sweeping out the gutters and sidewalks in the squares? I was so happy to see them doing this. It does not take much effort, but makes a big difference when the city looks cleaner.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  2:51:27 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Come on all... you've gutta say I was right on this one! Carlo is doing a outstanding job!
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  3:43:48 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never doubted he would do a better job than the last guy. I am pleased to see some of the city workers out working.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  4:02:57 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This was on the other blog........

It is interesting that if you go back and see the stories posted by The Mirror you will see they were on top of everything when Hanlon was in office. So quick to post their opinions about transfers and everything else that was always on the agenda from the former Mayor. They were very quick to criticize and judge every move and every request from him along with the common council theatrics. The mirror would post large stories with dumb pictures and now all of a sudden all's quite. Makes you wonder if the entire city government is in cahoots or just certain members that were against Hanlon from the beginning.

DeMaria is not doing a good job at all. We are all going to be sorry. He has no guts to stand up to people at least Hanlon had that. He is spending money at an alarming rate and transferring large amounts of money foolishly and not questioned by the common council. Transferring to accounts that were cut from the common council but now it's OK! Wake up and smell the coffee and realize whats going on here.

We should be very interested in the qualifications of his new hires before you go and pass judgment. I will leave it at that.

If that was Hanlon standing down to this company like DeMaria did about these antennas there would have been a huge write up here about how Hanlon doesn't care about the citizens and everything else. Even with a small risk.it is a RISK. Let the Mayor put it in front of his house and see if he likes it. I bet he'd fight it in court then.

Covering up for friends is not playing fair to all the residents that reside in the city.
Anonymous | 02.20.08 - 11:52 am | #

Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  4:12:33 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
more.......

Why would he run for Mayor again to deal with the likes of you! This is not Hanlon apologists coming out of the woodwork it is about the current injustices going on that you refuse to realize for what ever reason and believe me its gonna hurt your pocketbook. This administration has no clue what they are doing especially with finances. They are calling Somerville everyday to ask questions and if you were hired by DeMaria or already received a letter that you were staying on...it's OK to slack off. But if you were from the former administration and a hard worker you have to do double the work playing games with the taxpayers.
Anonymous | 02.20.08 - 3:26 pm | #

Gravatar The fact remains it was not OK for the former administration to have this funding but it's OK for the new administration to have this funding because they fired people that the common council absolutely hated and gave a hard time week after week because their friends were no longer working for the R-Administration and they had a two year vendetta that they got away with. The budget director had to stand up there and list her qualifications to Rosa DiFlorio like she was on trial and I will say again... What are the qualifications of these new hires? No one knows. They all look pretty for the camera's but does the new city services director need the Mayor to hold his hand everytime he has to answer questions. Why does the Mayor always answer for him. Were almost in March now, he should know his job a little by now. Would that have anything to do with the fact he may not be as qualified as everyone is led to believe. I believe he was truck driver. What is his managerial qualifications. Spin it any way you want. I can see right through whats going on and it doesnt look good especially for the Mayor.
Anonymous | 02.20.08 - 3:26 pm | #
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  8:21:26 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read all this nonsense on the Mirror. My opinion, it can stay there. I like this site so much better.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  9:38:19 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like this site better too Tails! There's one person over there who loved Hanlon (maybe Billy?) and continues to sing his praises while bashing Carlo, the cc, boa, our form of government (I agree it should be changed) and anyone who disagrees with him. No discussion, he's right everyone else is wrong and he hammers the heck out of them until they just give up and go away.

Ill stay here, thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  3:39:36 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh Marie... Wake up your dreaming...
Carlo has actually cut some of the unnecessary positions that Hanlon created to save some money.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  4:20:23 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lynda,

I am not trying to start anything. I am just curious which unnecessary positions have been cut? Things have been so quiet and I really don't know. The only position that I have heard so far that will not be replaced is Ron Farnell from the rec. Is there more?
Go to Top of Page

keanu

45 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  4:42:43 PM  Show Profile Send keanu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SELF-Therapy,

For People Who ENJOY talking to Themselves
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  9:03:59 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to know the answer to massdee's question as well. It doesn't appear many have been let go so what positions are you referring to?
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  10:40:50 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Watch code enforcement and building departments for changes........

and

Mr. Zaniboni will be taking a new city position and Peter Pet will be the top guy at City Services.

The Pup and Emile Schoeffhausen

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  10:26:05 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The post below is from the mirror. I have no idea whether it is true or not but I hope not. Thiebault's lawyers would find any loop hole for Thiebault to do what he wants. I always liked Carlo and he said that "No dump would go in Everett" and I hope he keeps his word. I also hope none of them would be the City Solicitor.

New addition to city law department: a brand new lawyer from Tony Rossi's office. Thats right--Teebow's lawyers office now has a branch at city hall. Talk about taking over from within.
Anonymous | 02.22.08 - 9:14 am
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  1:59:48 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I read somewhere that Mr Rossi is also Carlo's attorney. I'm with you on this one Tails, I hope it isn't true.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  5:42:57 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if this is the Attorney on Broadway? If it is, he specializes in real estate. Not sure if that's good or bad. If it's Thiebault's attorney then it's like I said, he will find any loophole to get him what he wants. Now, the Mayor has been introducing all his new hires per his inauguration speech so he should introduce him Monday night.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2