Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 check this out
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

arthur

212 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  11:05:20 AM  Show Profile Send arthur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
draftvancampen.com

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  2:39:46 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where did this site come from, and is Robert aware? Looks to me like private residents set this up, and not Robert. You need to be very careful when posting names, anything can be a trick. The last I heard, Robert has not made any decision.
Go to Top of Page

draftvancampen

2 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  6:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit draftvancampen's Homepage Send draftvancampen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You must be logged in to see this link. was developed by Everett residents that are fed up with the same tired old politics year in and year out.

Robert has proven himself to be a different kind of politician. He can bring the change we need to get our city moving in the right direction, and is our choice for Mayor.

Although Robert hasn't decided whether or not he will in fact run for Mayor next year, we want to make sure that he knows there is overwhelming support out there for him! It is our way of convincing him to run.

Everyone knows that a lot of work goes into each election. Volunteers are needed to knock on doors, make phone calls, work in the office, host coffee hours, hold signs for visibility, and do countless other things. Our goal is to get as many volunteers signed up to help Robert become our next Mayor.

Should Robert decide to run, we at You must be logged in to see this link. will provide Robert and his campaign every sign-up we receive so that he can immediately hit the ground running as he seeks to turn our city around.

If you are like us and want a Mayor that is qualified and has shown the type of leadership we desperately need, please go to You must be logged in to see this link. to let Robert know he should run.

If you would like to learn more about Robert you can also visit us to see a brief background on him, his family, his work and his accomplishments.

Thanks

Edited by - draftvancampen on 12/10/2008 6:37:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  7:01:55 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I personally will wait until all the candidates announce they are running for the mayor's office. I am very uncomfortable with the idea of a web site that was not ordained by Alderman Van Campen. I am sure if Alderman Van Campen decides to run, he will be building his own campaign and campaign workers. I suggest you get in touch with the Alderman and see if he approves of what you are trying to do for him.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  9:55:53 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay folks, I have emailed Alderman Van Campen, he knows nothing about this web site and is trying to get to the bottom of it. I got the distinct impression, he is not happy about it.
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  10:21:11 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I received an email from this draftvancampen.com to my personal email and it is not the email address I used to register on this message board. I am bull that this group has somehow obtained my email address. I sincerely hope Alderman Van Campen has nothing to do with this. This needs to stop and needs to stop now!
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  10:42:28 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand that former Mayor Hanlon has been making calls asking people to support Van Campen for Mayor. Not good.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  10:48:22 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I, too, received an email from this group. I hope RVC has nothing to do with it and I also hope he is smart enough to distant himself from Hanlon. That will be his downfall. People have not forgotten.

Good to see you, Citizen.

Edited by - massdee on 12/10/2008 10:49:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cruller DaVille

148 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  08:45:49 AM  Show Profile Send Cruller DaVille a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is "precisely" what this was structured to do I believe. Confuse and baffle everyone. On top of that they are angering people and beginning a dialogue that certainly isn't positive on its face. Disinformation is the most effective political tool and venues such as this must be diligent to discuss and debate not crucify immediately. Propagating falsehoods is not what we should be about and unfortunately, in the past, that hasn't been so.

People are totally frustrated!!! We have been speaking of this for months. Perhaps this is nothing more than someones frustration manifesting itself in an attempt to do good. Perhaps not...

We're all intelligent people!!! Watch, Look, Listen, Discuss........ We realize it and shouldn't play into this. Whether this is a set up or not... lets not hurt someone before they have a chance to decide what they are going to do.

On the other hand, isn't this what democracy is all about?

As far as it concerns John Hanlon making calls..... May I remind you that DeMaria is Mayor today because of John Hanlon's support.

"Cruller DaHville"
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  09:50:34 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It doesn't bother me in the least that this stuff has been posted on this message board. What I find troublesome is that emails have been sent to private email addresses. How is whoever is behind this group getting our private email addresses? I don't find that "democracy," I call it an "Invasion of Privacy."
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  10:17:50 AM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got the email. Its the same thats posted on the site. I thought it was a joke. Its not a joke and Bob did not authorize it. Draftvancampen you should check with Bob before doing something like this! Last year the 3 candidates all had websites but did not solicit. I don’t know whats wrong with people. I also see a pattern. People are upset over emails going around, me to, then all of a sudden the former mayor is brought into it. I think people are going to start making up stories.

Go to Top of Page

kimmy

32 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  1:08:26 PM  Show Profile Send kimmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds to me like people are trying to make the decision for him. Let him put his own eggs in the basket. I havent seen anything like this the past four mayors. Its weird because the website says to join Roberts team and there is no team. Strange and the email from annonomous is more strange.

Edited by - kimmy on 12/11/2008 1:12:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  1:28:40 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It would be in the best interest not to email people that did not sign up for anything. That website should come down and if Bob decides to run for office he can put up his own site and have people join the mailing list. That is proper procedure, this is not and its not something that Bob believes in, so no one should be doing this in his name, and not signing your own. I think Bob would be a great mayor but he needs to be careful who he aligns himself with. If there is someone there that was known to be the Hanlon downfall they will not help Bob at all.

Edited by - n/a on 12/11/2008 1:42:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  6:13:38 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I received an email from the Alderman late this afternoon. This group wants their identity kept confidential but it was just fine that they breached people's private emails. I would like to know how they were able to get my email address.

Dear Friends-

You may have recently received an email announcing the launch of a website called You must be logged in to see this link. Like you, I received an email yesterday informing me of, and directing me to this website. Today, I have discovered that a group of well-meaning individuals decided to launch this website as a result of the many rumors and innuendos which have circulated about my plans for next year. Let me say, the people responsible for this website are good, honest people, with the best of intentions. They have asked me to maintain their confidentiality, and I have given them my word that I would do that.

Let me further say that it is quite humbling, and an honor, to be considered so seriously by some as a candidate for Mayor. At this point, my only plans are to continue advocating for the people of Everett on the Board of Aldermen, enjoying life with my wife Lisa and our daughter Lily, and practicing law on behalf of the citizens of Melrose as their City Solicitor. Please be assured that to the extent you have submitted any information to this website, or may intend to submit any information after hearing from me, it will be received, at some point, directly by me. Should I decide that running for Mayor of Everett is in the City's interest, my interest, and my family's interest, or should I decide to run for re-election, this website will certainly provide invaluable information that will allow me to be as successful as possible in either of those endeavors.

Thanks for reading, and I apologize if this has caused any inconvenience to anyone.

Happy Holidays!

Robert Van Campen
Go to Top of Page

draftvancampen

2 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  7:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit draftvancampen's Homepage Send draftvancampen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We here at draftvancampen.com want to let everyone know how our email list came about. Many of us have worked throughout the community in the past and others are getting involved because we truly believe that Robert is the best possible candidate for Mayor. We will in no way be publicizing anyone's emails to the public. We simply have merged together everyone in our little groups contacts and sent out an email. If you would like to be removed we will gladly do so, and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. All you need to do is send us an email stating you would like to be removed from our list.

We have asked to remain anonymous because of our positions around the city. Know this though, if Robert decides to run, we will all be very active and very public in our support of his candidacy.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  9:03:00 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find it quite deceiving that your group has sent out unsigned emails to personal email addresses. If you received these addresses from people we know then that person should have signed their name. I will be emailing everyone on my contact list and ask which of them gave out my address. Your actions, has succeeded in creating many negative feelings and I truly feel this was an invasion of privacy. I, personally, give no merit to a group that will not sign their name. I am also disappointed in Alderman Van Campens answer to this.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2