Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 check this out
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Political Hack

11 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  9:04:48 PM  Show Profile Send Political Hack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Robert that this is humbling. Hopefully this will help him to make this very difficult decision. Everett needs someone like Robert to straighten this city out. I also understand why they want to remain anonymous, especially in Everett you know how retribution is in this city.

Political Hack
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  9:13:25 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If they want to stay anonymous, that is fine, then they should have never contacted people through their personal email addresses. That is not the right thing to do.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  11:07:11 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From the sounds of the Alderman's email, he's going to use this anonymous group as a free polling method. Interesting approach.

Hi Massdee . . . looks like things are going to get interesting.
Go to Top of Page

arthur

212 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  06:54:34 AM  Show Profile Send arthur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well since reading draftvancampen and they used everyone Email from the pass, I for one am pissed, I will not support Robert, I agree with the above posters. I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR THIS MAN.

JANICE VETRANO IS BEHIND VAN CAMPEN PEOPLE.

AND WE SAW WHAT HAPPEN WHEN MATEWSKY WENT AGAINST SMITH.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  07:22:39 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Citizen, It looks like things are going to get interesting and nasty, especially if Arthur is correct about Janice Vetrano. It seems to be beginning early and will probably only get worse from here.
Go to Top of Page

Political Hack

11 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  11:01:54 AM  Show Profile Send Political Hack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that you give Vetrano to much credit. She is the sole reason Hanlon lost the mayors seat, so you think she has the brains to pull this off. I don't think so. It also looks to me that people are nervous because the response has been so good. Robert is to smart to be associated with Vetrano

Political Hack
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  11:17:42 AM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its not clear what people mean by associating themselves with someone or an ex mayor making calls. Your running for office and a person walks in and wants to help are you going to tell that person to get out no matter who they are? What does that say for the person running for office? As long as no jobs are promised who cares? If Bob is running for mayor I’ll say the email sent out was not a good start and he should rethink the people that did that.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  11:26:14 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have no idea what the response is or isn't to this group. I really don't care. I will wait for the Alderman, or anyone else for that matter, to announce and then take it from there.

There is no justifying this group for sending out unsigned emails to personal email addresses, no matter how good their intentions are. In their over zealousness, they have hurt the Alderman, politically. People do not like their privacy encroached upon.
Go to Top of Page

Political Hack

11 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  12:40:23 PM  Show Profile Send Political Hack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Being an alderman Robert hopefully knows the reputation that Vetrano has. She never did anything positive for Hanlon or the City of Everett. She caused them both more headaches thananyone could have recovered from. If Robert decides to run for mayor he doesn't need people like that with personal agendas supporting him. It should be all about getting him elected and the City

Political Hack
Go to Top of Page

arthur

212 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  6:43:04 PM  Show Profile Send arthur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am sticking to my fact that Vetrano is behind VanCampen she was at his party along with the rest of her family it was the same ole Hanlon people. After that Email I lost Respect for the alderman
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  9:22:55 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also received an email from this group and I'm not pleased. Although their intentions may be good, I don't think they're doing Van Campen any favors.

I strongly disagree with your statement Hallowed Dreams. I think a candidate should decline the assistance of anyone who has proven themselves to be untrustworthy, wants to help for personal gain, or has had a personal problem with an opposing candidate. In my opinion, accepting help from anyone with an ulterior motive can be harmful and does not really help the candidate.

I also think Arthur needs to prove his "facts" or retract his statement.

We're all aware of other sites where people say whatever comes to mind to stir up trouble. This has never been one of them and I hope it stays that way.

Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  07:24:58 AM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If this group wants to do something to help Alderman Van Campen they should go to the Alderman's meeting on the 22nd. The mayor will be presenting his consent order for Wood Waste. If people stay home and do nothing the mayor will have a free hand at giving Thibeault what he wants.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  08:37:11 AM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A candidate can not stop someone from attending a function. Arthur was first to post the website before draftvancampen and before the email got sent. Then Arthur comes along saying he lost all respect. How can Arthur have found that site before knowing it existed? City politicians were there are they attending the funtions to report back to mayor? I was surprised by the email and maybe that part was overboard but Arthur went and posted it first so he knew it exisited. Sounds like a spy game and a set up. Arthur never mentioned Vetrano in the first post and if Arthur was serious about him saying VETRANO IS BEHIND THE WHOLE THING he would have said then.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  09:10:17 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think this group's only goal is to try to persuade the Alderman to run for mayor. Personally, I think the Alderman needs to make his own decision without any pressure from others. He is an intelligent person who will do what he feels is best for him and his family, first. Whatever his decision, the Alderman is well respected by most people in our community.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  09:13:27 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That may be so but Arthur has said it's fact. I'm asking he either prove it, or restate it as his opinion or speculation.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2