Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 Our Mayor 2009
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  09:17:52 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Parking Enforcement people will be using them.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  12:36:59 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The following comes from one of the new press releases posted on the city web site today, the one about the Mayor meeting with Congressman Markey on the stimulus package. Can anybody explain to me how the two statements below reconcile with one another?

"The Mayor made a strong point to promote the creation of long-term jobs, not short-term construction projects. The Mayor has a number of shovel ready projects on the list and is preparing to submit additional projects to the Governor’s office."
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  12:40:04 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess the shovel is going to be in use for long term jobs? Makes no sense.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  7:59:26 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tetris

The following comes from one of the new press releases posted on the city web site today, the one about the Mayor meeting with Congressman Markey on the stimulus package. Can anybody explain to me how the two statements below reconcile with one another?

"The Mayor made a strong point to promote the creation of long-term jobs, not short-term construction projects. The Mayor has a number of shovel ready projects on the list and is preparing to submit additional projects to the Governor’s office."

I believe the point is that some shovel ready projects help produce long term jobs (such as the Air Force Road work) and other shovel ready projects do not (such as replacing the signs on Rt 93 between Wilmington and Somerville....an item on the State's list of reviewed shovel ready projects)
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  8:26:16 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the clarification. Makes perfect sense. Too bad that an explanation like that wasn't included in the original press release; it's confusing without it.

Edited by - tetris on 03/03/2009 8:27:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  8:51:08 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Made sense to me when I read it the first time......I guess the mind tends to see what it wants to see...good or bad.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  9:06:11 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also understood it the first time I read it. It made no sense!!!

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  9:09:14 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
not a suprise to me
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  9:10:44 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
neither are you

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  12:13:19 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some interesting reading on this link. I need to remember to read this web site more often. They seem to update regularly.

You must be logged in to see this link.

"Deb"

Edited by - massdee on 04/08/2009 12:16:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  1:50:15 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It does not appear that Matt Laidlaw returned the e-mail from March 25, 2009

(On March 25, 2009 we emailed the Mayor's Director of
Communications, Matt Laidlaw for all information
pertaining to the purchase of all new vehicles.
He has until April 8, 2009 to provide with this information.)

Today is April 8th.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  3:15:48 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone please explain to me how this press release is possible when Mayor DeMaria was NOT even in attendance?

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  3:30:40 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do you know that he wasn't there Tails? Isn't this meeting that he offered to take Alderman Marcus to?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  3:34:40 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The attendance at the MMA is public record.
Go to Top of Page

Cruller DaVille

148 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  3:37:50 PM  Show Profile Send Cruller DaVille a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails is absolutely right. Attendance at MMA meetings are taken and are public record.

"Cruller DaHville"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2