Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Wood Waste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  09:00:58 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It does not look like a temporary re-location to me. I read it here, it looks permanent.

You must be logged in to see this link.

So...........there goes any enclosure on Boston Street. Bunch of LIARS....all of them. Worse than any prior administration.

I also heard when the discontinuance of fourth street got approved by the BOA, Rossi, the Mayor, Ms. Deveney and the Solicitor were all cheering in the hall. What was there to cheer about like that?? It makes one suspect there was something in it for them.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  10:06:37 AM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Boston Paintball has a short term lease.......
He has almost 2 years to build an enclosed structure.....if he wants to move his business to lower broadway, he is going to explore that option. If it turns out that the option of moving to lower broadway isn't possible he will have plenty of time to build the enclosed structure and still be in the time frame established by whatever agency put the timeline together.

Tails....I loved your comment about homeland security having an issue with a pile of debris being on lower broadway. Classic bitter Tails. There is a fire once a week at Prolerizer, less than a hundred yards from natural gas tankers unloading fuel. By your lack of emotional outburst over that, I assume its ok for the occasional fire to pop up 300 feet away from the tankers. Yet, the thought of a fire on land owned by thiebault close to a half mile away has you up in arms. I love your logic, it speaks well to your frame of mind.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  10:17:12 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is 754.1 feet in a half mile, not much difference than 300 feet, but that is only my opinion.

Doesn't make very good business sense for Boston Paintball to be sinking money into a location and only have a short term lease.

How did the time frame for the enclosure go up from 18 months to 24 months?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  10:17:48 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How does it go from 18 months in June, to two years, then Rossi says three years. It keeps changing. Yes, I am bitter about Thibeault and the damage his evil wrath has caused. All Mayor Clowno sees is dollar signs in his eyes. Perhaps he should take the dollar signs out of his eyes and start showing some responsibility. Not immaturity, and using the podium to cry like a baby and tell "tales" He changed, he's ALL Thibeault.

That is completely false about Prolerzier having fires once a week and they are in an enclosed facility, like they should be. A pile of trash (outdoors) will spread so fast. There are homes there.

Since you know so much, perhaps your the one sending him the text messages telling him what to say......Your good.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  10:29:01 AM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Massdee....there are 2640 feet in a half mile....or almost 10 times the distance of 300 feet.
And I used 24 months as an off the top of my head number....change it to 18 or 16....point I made is still valid. Are you really going to pick my words apart like that and not acknowledge the point I was making?

Tails...the 3 years that Rossi mentioned was a number from the original P&S agreement from the Ragucci administration (one that apparently many of you are familiar with accordiing to the article in the independent). Proloerizer is most definitely NOT an enclosed facility....the only enclosure there is the scale house. And yes, they have many fires there...so much so that there is typically a fire department detail. I may be wrong, but I believe it was Massdee that pointed this out to me when I questioned the lack of community concern over the fire they had one weekend. I will try to find the quote, but it was something similar to " they have fires down there all the time, they are good to the community and have a fire department detail their to monitor the problems" My apologies Massdee if this comment wasnt from you....my best recollection is that it was. When I track down the actual post, I will correct if neccessary.

Edited by - just wondering on 09/11/2008 10:31:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  10:52:06 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just Wondering, I wasn't picking your words apart, it was what Attorney Rossi said at the BOA meeting. In June he said 18 months the other night he said 2 years.

I don't remember posting that about Proloerize. Not saying I didn't but I really don't remember. I was away when that fire took place.

I'm sorry if my math was wrong on the distance.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  11:13:14 AM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I was driving home from work last evening listening to sports radio....lots of yahoos calling in questioning the moves that professionals like Terry Francona and Bill Belichick make on a daily basis. Reporters being bitter because they don't have all of the inside information they need (want). Somewhere around the Weston Tolls, a light when off and I realized that this site is the equivilant of sports talk radio. Lots of opinions formed by a lack of information and a bitter taste in some of our mouths because we don't have all of the information we feel entitled to have. As I think back to the aldermans meeting earlier this week I found a perfect example of this. Members of this forum have repeatedly beat up Thiebault for not building the enclosed structure that he was required to build......yet when the original P&S was written for the city hards, it stated that he didnt have to build it until 3 years after the sale date.....which has since been trumped by the state agencys requirement to build it sooner. I also learned that the original requirement to build a enclosure was removed by the AG's office at the request of Former Mayor Ragucci so that the language mentioned above could be put in to the P&S. So it appears that he has never violated (in everett) an order to build an enclosure.

What other violations have there been? I remember hearing something about storm water runoff and being fined by the EPA. Does anyone know what the actual fines were for? I don't...but I know what that area looks like when it rains...the street gets flooded. Was he fined for the fact that storm water runoff from his property was flooding the streets or was the runoff tested and found to be contaminated?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  11:36:40 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You and your team can come up with any excuse you can think of. The man is nothing short of the devils godfather. He only tarps NOW and puts down odor eaters NOW, when he wants something.

He cared less that the residents/the abutters/ and Stop & Shop were suffering with odor stench and unhealthy chemicals being blown in the air. You think thats right and you make excuses from a man that treats the city that WE live in like that. The poor kid working at Stop & Shop with his shirt over his nose so he doesn't throw up. Ga head....go tell me Thibeault is responsible for Stop & Shop...BIG DEAL. He will be responsible for their demise too.

Tell your buddy Thibeault that Sweetser Circle is not a parking spot for his yucky trucks. They have been sitting there for a week.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  11:45:20 AM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will you be going back and editing all of your comments in the past that incorrectly stated he was violating an enclosure order?

Imagine....tails is questioning the manner in which free services are provided to the city. Typical Tails.

Reminds me a my favorite movie quote: "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it."
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  11:53:51 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not changing anything, No one has seen the "original" P&S..... and I see now why he's letting the computer people go. City Hall employees would not be on here, unless home sick today??

"Gone are the days," he said, "when the city employees are hired because of their acquaintances instead of their qualifications."
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  11:59:05 AM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More factless banter from Tails....according to mapquest, my office is 37 miles from City Hall. Not even close to working at City Hall or being on their payroll.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  12:24:21 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope you work 3000 miles away from city hall. The further away anyone gets from this environmental disaster they call Thibeault, the better. He has not done jack on that rotary but park his trucks there. What ever he does, big deal. Mr. Brandano did it for free too, and what did he get? He got tossed under a bus for not having a DeMaria lawn sign.

Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  12:30:36 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another factless comment by tails....he has moved multiple truckloads of overgrown vegitation from the rotary. I live across the street from the rotary and sit next to it for 10 minutes a day trying to get through the traffic. I have seen it happen. Unfortunately, when someone is offering their services for free its tough to impose a time table on them. Im sure the work will be completed soon enough

And Another factless comment by tails regarding Brandano....he wasnt removed for political reasons...he was removed because he wouldnt comply with the states request to remove certain items from 'his' island. I know he was doing it for free, but the man had a damn vegetable garden growing there.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  12:40:19 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that most people form their opinions from the information that they know, not from what they don't know. As you form your opinions, though, you need to temper how strongly you can stand behind those opinions by what you don't know about the issues. Also, you need to temper your opinions by how much faith that you have in things that you are told that are not backed up by facts.

I tend to post less about Wood Waste than others. Much of the reason for that is that I feel that the holes in my knowledge on the subject may be greater that what I feel comfortable saying that I "know". I'm not sure if I have posted about Thibeault not having already built his enclosed facility; I may well have. One thing that I do know is that I have always been curious about it. Now that I know that, at least for the last six years (or at least until the DEP involved), the reason can actually be pinpointed to the administration of the City of Everett at that time. I'm sorry, but that is information that I would have liked to have had explained to me six years ago. I can understand that the Ragucci administration didn't want us to know that; however, I don't understand why since then, the Hanlon adminisration, the DeMaria adminstration or Thibeault himself couldn't explain this so simply and backed up by facts as it was Monday night.

Do I want all of the information that I feel entitled to? Hell, yeah! It would certainly help to avoid situations like this.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  1:12:41 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well said Tetris....your comment about posting less due to holes in your knowledge of the subject is a great example for all to follow. Opinions on hot topics will always vary...the only way to ensure productive discussions is to make sure we are all discussing the same facts.

Interesting that you point on that the issue of enclosure was explained and simply backed up on Monday....a few posts up on this page Tails say noone has actually seen the original P&S...apparently, tails is a conspiracy theorist. The City Solicitor and Attorney Rossi must have been looking at a document other than the P&S while the camera was on them. My point of this last comment is that even with a new fact revealed some people will refuse to change their opinion. I think it is important for all of us to reevaluate our positions on a topic when new information is revealed.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2